40k message size limit

Friam mailing list
As list administrator, I get warnings from the list software when an individual
post exceeds 40k in size. I'm then asked to approve or disapprove these posting.
This can be caused by sending attachments, sending HTML emails or by inline
images. Up to now, I've let these postings through.

For list members on broadband connections, it's not much of a problem. But,
there are still many with dial up access; some are in distant lands like
Bulgaria (Welcome, Roumen!) and London (Rich) -- and then there's those early
adopters on their shiny new Palm devices. For these users, excessive list size
can be a burden.

Please try to post in plain text except in cases where HTML adds an additional
benefit to messages.

Thanks,

Steve "The List Nazi" Guerin

http://www.redfish.com    [hidden email]
624 Agua Fria Street      office: (505)995-0206
Santa Fe, NM 87501        mobile: (505)577-5828